6 Jul 2013

Twisted: Chapter 1.

Hi there(: I haven't been on in awhile but your in luck! Because I'm posting twisted! It's a very short story, so I may do multiple chapters. But if you guys don't like the first chapter, just lemme know and I'll stop.

Tuesday, August 14th, 2012
6:30pm

I slipped my headphones in my ears and walked into the studio. It was empty and silent, you could hear a pin drop. I set my bag down and gracefully strode to the middle of the room. The lights were dimmed and it was after hours, when I had my own time. I took a deep breath and pressed play on my phone that I slipped into the waistband of my pants. Everything that had happened that day was gone, all of my worries. I moved my body in sync to the song Moment 4 Life by Nicki Minaj.
"I believe that life is a prize. But to live doesn't mean you're alive..." I rapped out loud.
I liked having a peaceful loneliness like this, I had time to forget about the world and worry about only me and my dancing. It wasn't regular dance, but hip hop dance. It got my heart beating and my adrenaline pumping. The only interruption was time, it seemed to never stop.
I packed up my stuff and checked the time. Seven o'clock. Good, I had some time to get home and be in time for dinner at eight. I swung my bag over my shoulder and walked out of the studio. It was late, and the sun was already setting. I took a deep breath, looked left and right, and crossed the street. Within twenty minutes, I was at home. I put my hair up as I stood outside of my front door, just getting it out of my face. I walked inside to be greeted by my parents warm smiles. I smiled back and waved before running downstairs in the basement where my room was. It was nice and cool as I stripped down and stepped into the hot steamy shower. The water ran down my back and I felt comfort for sometime. Once I got out, I put on comfy baggy clothes and heady upstairs for dinner. My parents were waiting patiently for me and they were ready to say prayers. After prayers, we began another silent dinner. Small talk, but it was the same thing.
"How was school?" my dad asked.
"Good." I simply replied.
"And your little class?" my mom continued.
"It's better mom, I only made a few mistakes today." I said quietly.
"(YN), you know how we feel about that kind of-"
"I know, dad, I'm sorry. It'll be better tomorrow."
"It better. No mistakes, o-our girl isn't going to be a screw up like the rest of these people."
"Or you could just quit and focus on school like a-"
"No mom."
She quieted down and we ate in silence once more. I couldn't stand when she urged me to quit my dancing. It pissed me off, but I never said too much to her about how mad I got. I just brushed the rest off and calmed myself down.
When dinner was over, I headed upstairs to work on some 'homework'. My mom seemed so uneasy today, she must've been stressed at work. I sat down on my bed, put in my headphones, grabbed my binders, and started writing. No mistakes. My parents words echoed in my head. I couldn't stand how they were perfectionists. Every time I got something wrong, they'd ignore me for days, even weeks sometimes, and it was hard. Good thing tonight I didn't have any homework, it gave me some time for other things. I tapped my foot on the floor, chewing on the back of my pencil. Just as I went to write down some lyrics that I thought of, my phone went off. I answered it right away, so that I wouldn't wake my parents with the loud ringtone. You could say that I was really respectful, sometimes...
"Hello?"
"Hey girl, who's up for some partying on a Monday night?"
"Who's this?"
"This is Grace, from your science class... and almost any other class... But anyways, do you wanna come to a party with me?"
"Oh hey Gracie. You're inviting me?"
I was a bit surprised. See, in school I wasn't the most popular person you'd meet. I was more the quiet, shy type. I keep everything to myself, so most people don't know me, I don't let them.
"Of course, I thought maybe the nerd could get out for once." she joked.
"Oh thanks!" I said sarcastically, "but I can't, parents won't allow it."
"Come on, sneak out!"
I thought about it for a minute. Maybe for once I could do something bad... I don't usually, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal if my parents found out. Well, yes it would, but still. I sighed and stood up.
"I'll be ready in 20, meet me outside at the park across from my house."
"Yay! See ya later baby!"
She hung up the phone and I sat back down for a minute. I was surprised that she invited me to a party! Gracie and I were friends, but we didn't hang out outside of school, it was more of an in-school friendship. I didn't mind, because she was literally the only person besides adults, who talked to me.
I put on one of my cutest outfits and did my hair and makeup. I walked back into my room, grabbed my phone, and checked the time. Nine-thirty. I was ready to go, and it had only been fifteen minutes. I waited for a text from Grace, turning my phone on low as I walked out of my room, down the hall, and towards the stairs. I peeked my head behind me, no sign of my parents. As I headed downstairs, I could hear whispers, so I listened in.
"She has to know soon, we can't just keep this from her." my dad whispered.
"But I can't, it'll break her heart. She's ours, our perfect little girl that we always wanted and you can't take that away from me."
"I'm sorry."
I leaned back on the wall and thought. It'll break her heart. What will? I had to know. I slowly walked down the stairs, obviously attracting attention towards myself. My parents both stood, my mom with sadness in her eyes along with my dad. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs and stared at the both of them.
"What'll break my heart?" I asked.
"Why are you so dressed up?"
"Stop avoiding my question mom. What will break my heart?"
Both of my parents exchanged glances with each other before looking back at me. They motioned for me to sit down with them and I did. There was literally no noise in the room besides our breathing.
"Honey, promise to be calm about this-"
"Just tell me! I can never be mad at you mom, or you dad."
They stared at me and my mom had tears in her eyes. I felt my phone vibrate and I quickly checked it. Grace was outside waiting for me, but I had to make her wait just a bit longer.
"(YN), we aren't your biological parents. You were adopted."


5 comments for next chapter tonight?

5 comments:

  1. iloveyouuuuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it next chapteeeeer pleasee

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 i loved it all youre stories are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. so now u have 5 comments now i want the next chapter pleeaasee :) ? <3

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.