26 Jul 2013

Found: Chapter 2: What's Wrong?

Here's the next chapter! Leave a comment telling me what you think so far! Can we get 6 this time?(;

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012
3:30pm

We stopped in the parking lot of a very large building. My mom was all smiles while I was really confused and worried. I looked around at the full parking lot, there were some expensive cars here. And a lot of them. I took a deep breath of cold air as we stepped in the building. While we sat in the elevator, I spoke to the mysterious guy.
"Where the hell are we?" I asked him.
"(YN)." My mom stated.
She didn't care if I swore around her, but around others she always gave me the 'be polite or else' look. I just rolled my eyes and turned back to this guy.
"Well (YN), my names Scott and we are here."
Just as he motioned his arms, the doors opened to a long decorated hallway. I barely got to take a look before I was dragged into a room and sat down one couch. Scott turned to me and shot me a million-dollar smile.
"So I hear that you're a pretty good singer?" He asked.
Oh god. I turned to my mom and gave her a look this time. She did NOT set me up to sing for someone, did she? I wanted to strangle her at the moment, but I knew that that wasn't 'professional' and 'polite'. I turned back to Scott and smiled.
"Not in front of people, I'm not that good anyways."
"So you won't sing for me?"
I took a deep breath and looked from my mom to back to him. I didn't want to, but my mom had gone through so much that I needed to do it this once. I looked around the room for the first time to see that we were in a studio. There was a room with glass and a door separating it from us. There was also a large panel of many buttons before us.
"What should I sing?" I asked.
"Whatever you like."
He leaned in forward like he was interested, which made me even more nervous. I tried to hide my blushing as I took multiple deep breaths.
"Two things: Mom, you have to leave, and Scott, can you turn around?"
They both did what I said without any objections and I felt less pressured. I began with a song that I was familiar with, and hopefully he was too. With his back turned to me, I began to sing.
"I miss those blue eyes, how you kiss me at night.. I miss the way we sleep. Like there's no sunrise, like the taste of your smile I miss the way we breathe..."
I paused but continued, knowing that he was still listening. I couldn't tell if he liked it as I sang, but I was crazy scared of his criticism. Yet, I couldn't tell by his expressions at all.
"And now I miss everything about you... I can't believe it, I still want you... After all the things we've been through, I miss everything about you Without you, whoa..."
I finished up the song by trailing off my voice from the last note. He clapped obnoxiously and loudly as he turned around in his chair with a smile on his face. It was obvious now that he liked it. I couldn't help but blush and look down.
"That was ah-mazing. Your voice is so- I can't even find the right words to explain it. You have got talent kid."
"I like to think of myself as an adult, but thanks." I laughed.
He laughed along with me and mumbled something under his breath. I didn't quite understand what he said, but obviously it didn't matter that much. My mom came back in the room and we all sat down talked.
"I'm so glad you called me Mrs. (YLN). Today is going perfect. I actually have someone else I'd like for you to sing for but I don't want you to know who it is. I'd like sit on the stool and in there and turn around, when I tell you to sing, do exactly what you did for me, okay?" Scott explained.
He pointed towards the recording studio and I agreed. As I sat in the stool, I was all jittery and excited. He liked my singing; it was amazing that I was finally being recognized. But who else needed to hear?! If this guy really was a scout of some type looking for new talent, well all he needs is me.
I walked in the room and put on the headphones that were on the chair. I sat down in front of the microphone and waited for my cue. He probably didn't want me to see who it was, because he didn't want me being nervous, which I already was in fact.
After about ten minutes of listening to absolutely nothing and sitting and waiting, I heard a door behind me open and close. I smiled because I knew that finally he was back and with another person. I tapped my foot on the ground and waited for him to say something.
"Alright (YN), now just sing like you did for me in there." Scott's voice echoed throughout the room.
I smiled and without turning around, I spoke to him before I began. I only had one little tiny more thing.
"Can I stand instead and sing a different song?" I asked.
"Of course, just do what makes you comfortable."
I took a few deep breathes before I cleared my throat and thought. What song should I do this time? I closed my eyes and thought of a song to show off my ranges. And it was one that just came out literally earlier today on iTunes.
"I know your insides are feeling so hollow... And it's a hard pill for you to swallow, yeah. But if I fall for you, I'll never recover. If I fall for you, I'll never be the same. I really wanna love somebody. I really wanna dance the night away. I know we're only half way there, but you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way..."
My voice sounded so perfect to me at least with this song, I loved it. I tapped my foot to my hums in between verses, thinking about the beat of the song. My hand moved slightly up and down as I sang, like I was dancing with my hand movements. I smiled as I finished up the song with a long outgoing note. I kept bobbing my head and just after, I slipped the headphones off and turned around to see the only person I never expected to see.
"L.A. Reid?" my voice shaky spoke.
He was sitting there just nodding, without an expression on his face. I couldn't tell what he thought, but he turned back to Scott and they began talking again. My mom gave me a thumbs up from behind them and I was still in disbelief.
I walked out of the room and all eyes turned to me. I brushed my hair behind my ear and sat down while everyone became silent. I felt like he hated it, and I just embarrassed myself in front of freaking L.A. REID.
"Scott, I told you that I wasn't going to waste my time listening to lost talent..." L.A. said.
My heart dropped and I felt sick to my stomach as he spoke. Great, I was lost talent and he didn't like my voice. This is always what I was afraid of, and my mom should've figured that out before she fucking brought me to this place.
"But I can see here, that I made the most of my time to listen to her," he then turned to me, "What's your name young lady?"
"(YN)… (YN) (YLN)."
I shook hands with him and he had a huge smile on his face. I was happy now that I deciphered his words. He like my voice. HE LIKED MY VOICE. Does anybody know what this actually fucking means?!
"L.A. Reid, and how old are you?"
"I'll be 17 this October."
"Young, that's good. Scott, I think you've done it again. Well, (YN) (YLN), what would you say if I told you that I want to offer you a contract with Island Def Jam?"
My stomach literally exploded in my body. I brought my hand up to my chest to feel my heartbeat, which was way too fast for normal. Tears came to my eyes and I stood to hug L.A. Could this literally be real? I nodded my head because I was choked up, trying to get words to come out of my mouth.
"This is a dream come true." I said quietly as I gave everyone hugs.
"Alright kid, now I'll stay and talk to Scott, you and your mom can sit outside in the waiting room if you'd like."
I nodded willingly and we left the room. This was amazing. My mom and I fangirled in the waiting room and jumped around. We were both so excited, and I couldn't help but dance around like an idiot, for the second time that day. It was already getting late, but I wanted to stay here and just talk to L.A. This guy made my wildest dreams into a reality. Just as I spun around in a little dance move, I ran right into someone and fell over.
"Woah there! Are you okay?" someone asked.
I opened my eyes as I scratched my head to see the one and only Rihanna. My eyes widened and I started freaking out more as she helped me up. I parted my lips to say something, but I could barely talk.
"You're Ri-Rihanna." I stuttered.
"The one and only."
She smiled and I melted. Can you say AH-MAZING. I could barely speak again, I mean she noticed me and talked to me! And she was Rihanna!
"What's your name sweetie?" she asked.
"(YN)." I nervously spoke.
"(YN), your cute. And what are you doing here tonight?"
"I'm with Scott, I guess you could say he's my manager now. He's talking with L.A. Reid."
I had calmed down a bit, but everything about her made me nervous. She was so tall and she was always smiling down at me and OMG.
"Scott Braun?" she asked.
"Um, I'm guessing so..."
"Ah, he's with Justin and Cody."
I gave her a funny look and just as I opened my mouth to speak once more, my mom interrupted me and stood by my side, talking to her too.
"Hi, I'm her mom. It's an honor for the both of us to meet you."
They talked for a few minutes before she left and I was still in shock. I turned to my mom, who was trying to ignore me, and took her phone away from her.
"Who are Justin and Cody?" I asked sternly.
"What are you talking about?" she smiled.
She was trying to avoid the topic wasn't she?! I was about to yell at her, only to be interrupted by another person. I was about to turn and freak out on them, but I realized quickly who it was and stumbled back in shock.
"Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson?"
I looked up at Usher who was smiling down at me. Besides what he said, he was perfect. Wait, wait, what did he say?! Scott was Justin Bieber's manager?! I was so pissed but I was having a hard time being pissed because Usher was in front of me.
"You're so hot." I thought out loud.
He laughed and I realized that I said that out loud. OMG, can you say EMBARRASSING much? I blushed hard and just gave up and sat down.
"Don't worry, I take compliments." he laughed.
I blushed more as he sat next to me and took a sip of his water. But seriously, he was really hot. How could you not love Usher?! I explained to him everything about me and why I was there while my mom and I drooled over him. Just as I finished, Scott walked out of the room with a smile. He greeted Usher and then turned to me.
"You're gonna be the next big thing, right up there with Justin."
I sighed, remembering that Justin fucking Bieber was being managed by my manager. Oh, that sounded good. My manager. I liked saying that. But ugh, seriously. This is why my mom didn't tell me before; so that I couldn't research this guy to figure out who he was and what he did. Well he's a talent manager and he freaking manages Justin Bieber.
I sat back down with a pissed off look. My mom knew exactly why I was mad, but she didn't say anything to me or to them.
"What's wrong?" Scooter asked.
"YO SCOOTER!"
We all turned to see Justin Bieber standing near the waiting room with his hands up in the air. Why would he be here so late? I didn't move one inch, but Scott, or Scooter, got up to hug and greet him.
"That's what's wrong." I mumbled.

7 comments:

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.