3 Nov 2013

Beneath Your Beautiful: 11: Stuck.

Hiiiiiiiiii there! Sorry for not posting for a few days but I was celebrating Halloween and all that jazz...! But here a story for you today and there'll be another one not tomorrow, but the next day! So Monday for most people(: but here you are!
9 comments?(:

Chapter 11:

Sunday, April 22nd 2012

4:00pm

 

“Pick up the phone Justin.” I pleaded as I paced back and forth calling Justin.

“This is Justin, lea-“

I pressed end on the call and set my phone down. I had an aching headache for some reason (probably for thinking too much) and I could NOT get rid of it. All I needed was a hug and some kisses from Justin or something and I’d feel a little bit better. I was still a little bit mad at him, but I had a strong feeling he wouldn’t do anything to my dad to hurt me like that.

He was supposed to be grabbing some food before our 12 hour long flight to London, but it was taking him forever! I had already taken a bath, shaving every part of my body, got ready, and packed, and he still wasn’t here. Hopefully nothing bad had happened to him. I decided to dial his number again. I typed in the numbers yet again and pressed call. Ring… Ring… Ring… Ring-

I heard the front door open and I smiled, pressing end on the call and walking into the foyer. My phone almost slipped out of my hands when I saw Justin.

“Justin? What are you doing?” I laughed.

He had his hood up covering his face and I couldn’t understand why in this kind of weather. I walked closer to him and reached out to pull it down but he backed away.

“I’ll be right back.” He replied quickly before rushing upstairs.

I looked down and dropped my arms to my sides. Why was he acting so odd? Of course, the first thing to come to my mind was he was cheating on me. Was he? He might have hickeys and he’s hiding them from me and- I need to stop worrying. Justin wouldn’t do that? Would he? Ugh, hopefully not. I trusted and respected him too much.

I followed him up the stairs after about ten minutes. He still hadn’t come out of our room and I was getting suspicious. I lightly knocked on the door and listened with my ear, “Justin?”

No answer. I slowly pushed the door open to reveal that he wasn’t even in the room. The bathroom. I made my way over to the bathroom and without knocking, I pushed open the door. I could hear a ruckus in the bathroom of Justin rushing around.

“What are you doing?” I said, fully opening the door. Justin was looking away from me turned away from me, covering his face and struggling to put on a shirt. I saw two or three darker purplish spots on his back and it sent pain to down my spine, like someone was sticking knives into my back, just looking at it.

What the fuck Justin!? What happened!?” I screamed as I ran to his aid. I forced him to stop trying to put a shirt on and threw the shirt to the floor. He was holding a wet washcloth in his hand that was once white, but now stained red with blood. His lip was somewhat swollen but not too noticeable. I was worried out of my mind now.

“Nothing.” He mumbled out as he found a seat on the toilet.

“Justin this isn’t nothing! Who did this to you?” I pleaded and begged for an answer but Justin just sat there with disappointment in his eyes and sorrow in his heart. I didn’t even need him to answer my question, the answer came to me without him.

I backed away from Justin in disgust and tears swelled my eyes. He stood up and held out his arm to grab me but I pushed it away. He limped towards me but I backed farther away out of the bathroom. He followed me as best he could until I stopped him.

“After everything that happened, you still don’t understand do you? Just- just… can we go… now?” I avoided eye contact with him.

“Baby I-“

“Don’t- don’t call me that. Just clean up and meet me outside.”

My breathe was shaky as I breathed out slowly. I stumbled out of the bedroom and down the stairs like a drunk person. Justin didn’t understand that my dad was my only dad. It didn’t matter if I hated him right now, he was still my dad. I had to clear some things up with him before we left.

I knocked lightly on the door and just seconds later Clarissa opened it. I awkwardly stood there, not sure what to say. “Hey.”

“(YN),” she embraced me tightly like she hadn’t seen me in years, “what are you doing here?”

“My dad… is he okay? I’m worried.”

“He’s fine, I think it’s Justin you should be worried about.”

“I know, and I am, I just need to see my dad.”

She gladly let me in and I knew exactly where my dad would be. I knocked on his office door gently before pushing it open slowly.

“Clarissa I really don’t- (YN).” His voice seemed so fragile as if it were going to break any second.

I looked into his eyes and I saw a look my dad had never given me. It was a look of regret, and happiness. I walked forward and stood silently for a few minutes. I couldn’t help but have tears in my eyes as I spoke.

“What you did to Justin wasn’t okay. I-I really like him, dad, and I don’t understand why you don’t and I probably never will, but can’t you just accept that I’m happy?” my voice cracked as I pleaded out to him.

“That boy is no good-“

“Stop!” I screamed louder than I had at Justin, “You keep saying that but it’s not going to change anything. Justin’s done so much for me and you- you just think he’s a horrible person. All I’m asking for is for you to give him a chance, just a chance, to make you see that he is what I say he is.”

“I-“

“Don’t even say it. Don’t come up with some shitty excuse. I’m done, it’s your choice now. If you want me in your life, you’ll have to have Justin in your life. Just think about that; don’t you want to walk me down the aisle at my wedding? Or be a grandpa to my children?”

My dad sat in his office chair motionless and speechless. I needed to leave for the airport soon so I was hoping he’d just make this quick. But he never said anything, he just sat there like he was thinking.

“Well, make your choice, until then I’ll be waiting.”

I turned on my heel and left the room, left the house, and went back to the truck that picked us up. Justin walked out about five minutes later and joined me in the backseat. I stared out of the window all the way to the airport. I was avoiding any contact with Justin until I felt comfortable again, like I could trust him.

We sat in the jet as it took off, still in silence. I just put my headphones in and listened to the music on my phone while I leaned back in my seat. Justin was on the other side of the plane and every time I glanced over to him, I caught him staring at me. I just looked away and minded my own business. Nobody said that it would be this hard.

 

Justin walked across the street with confidence that this might actually go well. He took deep breaths as he approached the driveway with his head held high. He thought that there was no way (YN)’s dad was going to be mad after he explained himself. He’d get (YN)’s dad to love him and everything would be okay, at least that was the plan.

He knocked on the door and tugged at the neck of his shirt in nervousness. Matt answered the door with a stern expression immediately following. He tensed up and clenched his fists.

“Mr. (YLN),” Justin nervously said, “I know you don’t want to see me, or even live by me, but I just came over to apologize. I didn’t mean to hurt you or anyone else in any type of way. I just want you to know that (YN) is in the good hands of me and my crew and she won’t get hurt, I can promise you that.”

Matt shook his head and laughed unexpectedly. Justin was confused but he stood his ground with a blank expression on his face.

“You’re taking care of her?” he laughed again, “You have no idea what it means to take care of another person. Do you realize that you’re responsible for her if something bad happens? If anything happens, for that matter?

“I do realize that, and I can handle it, trust me sir I’ve been taking care of her for-“

“For what? A few weeks? Come on, you’re just a kid who’s going to hurt my daughter. I’m done here, you should’ve never came in the first place.”

Matt backed away and went to shut the door, but Justin stuck his foot in the way. He felt little pain in his foot but he didn’t move it. He had to prove to Matt that he was the right guy for (YN), and he wasn’t giving up now.

“Look, I’ve tried to be nice but now you’re just being a dick. I apologized and everything and you’re still acting like this! I’m trying to act like an adult now but it’s hard to have any respect for you when you can’t even consider anything. What is it going to take for you to realize that I’m a good guy?” Justin practically yelled in his face.

The door swung open and Justin felt confident enough to take a step back and stand with a blank expression on his face. He tried his best to not show any emotion whatsoever although he had to admit to himself that he was intimidated by this large man.

“When you leave my daughter.”

Matt took a step forward and was just inches away from Justin’s face. Justin could feel his breath but he didn’t back up, instead, he stood his ground like he promised himself. And that’s what got him in trouble.

 

I awoke to the sound of a pencil writing on paper. I glanced over with my squinted eyes to Justin who was writing away on the paper as fast as he could. It was either angry writing or sad writing, I couldn’t tell just yet. I bit my lip and checked my phone; I’d been asleep for only about an hour.

I pulled out my headphones and tried my best to look over at what Justin was doing without letting him know that I was awake. He quickly shot a look at me and I dropped back into my seat so quick I hit my head on something hard.

“Ow.” I whispered, hoping Justin hadn’t seen that.

I heard his soft chuckle and I looked over towards him. He was shaking his head as he set his notebook in the seat next to him. Well, now he definitely knew that I was awake. I smiled myself and sat up straight.

“It’s not funny.” I whined.

“I’m sorry babe- are you okay?” he stuttered when he said 'babe'. Probably because he knew that I was mad at him, well not anymore, so he just thought that I was mad at him.

I made a pouty lip and shook my head no. He threw his head back laughing and I fake whimpered.

“Awe come here.”

Justin stood up and pulled his sweatpants down before moving my stuff and sitting in the seat next to me. I leaned into him as he opened his arms wide to pull me in. The warmth of his sweatshirt felt like heaven now that I wasn’t mad at all anymore.

He kissed my forehead lightly and we rocked back and forth together as he spoke, “Can we talk?”

“I don’t really have a choice seeing we’re stuck on this jet for 10 more hours so… yeah, that’d be great.”

9 comments:

  1. Awee this is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this story so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it so much you are such a good writer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. more!!!! i love this story!!!! can't wait for the next chapter! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing like alwayss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next chapter please :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Story

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.