29 Oct 2013

Beneath Your Beautiful: 9: Trouble Maker.

Hi guysss! Thanks for all of the birthday wishes, I realllllyyyyyy appreciate it! I will be posting today to make up for what I didn't post yesterday and I will be posting again tomorrow! So check back again tomorrow tooooo(;
Can I get 7 comments?(:

Chapter 9:

Friday, April 13th, 2012

11:00am

 

I opened my eyes and squinted to the light shining through the curtains. I glanced around to see that everyone was passed out in the living room. I was on the floor along with six other people including Ari and Fredo. Justin, as I saw, was peacefully passed out on the couch with his beanie pulled down in front of his face. Wow, last night was pretty crazy, but it was the best birthday I’d ever had.

I looked around for Ashley to see if she was awake, but she wasn’t in the room. I scratched my head, my hair sticking in every direction possible. I stood up, stretched, and just as I was going to get a glass of water, Ashley walked in the room with a gloomy look upon her. She took a deep breath and rubbed her arm with the opposite hand innocently.

“Hey, what are you-“

My voice faded out when I saw two police waiting patiently in the doorway. She stared at me and I could tell that she was more confused than I was. I walked towards her and grabbed both of her arms, stabling her so that I could speak clearly to her.

“Why are the police here?” I whispered making sure not to wake anyone else and startle them.

“They’re here f-for you.” She barely made out her words.

My heart dropped and so did my jaw, my lips now quivering. I brushed passed her and walked over to the police with a sad smile placed upon my face. I rubbed my arms from being a bit cold as I stood in front of them, their faces stern and determined.

“Can I help you?” I asked quietly.

(YN) (YLN)? We’re glad to see you. Your dad put you as a missing child and we were obligated to come find you and bring you home. We have a flight in line for you but we need to leave soon because your dad-“

“What?!” I practically yelled. “I’m 18, he can’t do this, I’m of legal age.” I defended myself.

“Listen, we aren’t trying to be the bad guys here but you ran away when you were 17 and by law, we have to bring you home to your parents. After that, you can leave wherever you want without these troubles.” The cop explained to me.

I swallowed hard and tried to think of a way out of this. “Why doesn’t my dad just come here? He can just see me here if that’s what he wants because I’m not leaving and you can’t make me.”

They both glared at each other before doing the same to me. I folded my arms across my chest to make a point. Legally, they couldn’t take me because I was of legal age to care for myself, to be independent. Hey, studying in high school for those tests paid off in the long run.

“Well, you’re dad is here right now, waiting at the airport for you.”

I threw my head back and mouthed ‘oh my god’. I couldn’t believe my dad would go this far to keep me away from Justin. He needed to understand that I really liked Justin and that we weren’t being separated again.

“He can come here if he wants to see me that bad.” I said with an attitude.

One of the police grabbed his walkie-talkie type thingy and spoke into it saying numbers and letters and mumbling. I just rolled my eyes. Great, now what was going to happen to me?

Alright miss, your dad is on his way here. We will leave you to these personal matters.”

I smiled in a bitchy way and practically shoved them out of the door and shut it behind me quickly. I was breathing fast and Ashley was staring at me and shaking her head.

“What did you do?” she said quietly.

“Let me explain things.”

We sat in the kitchen together and I finally got that glass of water. Long story short, I told her that my dad hated Justin and I wanted to be with Justin so I left with him. The details weren’t needed right now.

“You’re so fucking crazy.” She said as she laughed quietly. She leaned over and hugged me and I was really surprised. “This is why we’re friends.”

I laughed quietly and we stood in the kitchen laughing together until we heard a loud knock on the front door. My eyes shot to hers and hers shot to mine. She could probably see the fear in my eyes, I was so scared of what my dad would say to me. I slowly made my way to the door, hearing even more knocks. They didn’t sound angry, but you never know with my deceiving dad. I opened the door and stood before him, trying to act as unintimidated as possible.

“Dad.” My voice cracked.

He stared me in the eyes and when I looked in his, I felt as if I could see disappointment in his eyes. I already felt tears coming and he hadn’t even spoken yet.

“You… I can’t believe that you’d do such a thing. Run away!? Are you fucking crazy!?” He raised his voice with every sentence following. I blinked away my tears and tried to appear as strong as I could in front of him. “You could’ve gotten yourself killed!”
“But I didn’t I-

“But you could’ve! All because of a boy! I’m so disappointed in you! I really thought that you’d make something of yourself, (YN). Us (YLN)’s don’t do this kind of shit. You must take after your mom’s side of the family, you’re a fuckup like the rest of them.”

I glanced over to Ashley who I could tell was longing to say something but she was scared. The tears filled my eyes more quickly now and I felt my heart cracking more and more into little unfixable pieces. I breathed out slowly and parted my lips, ready to yell back, right before I was interrupted again.

“What the fuck is he doing here?”

My dad’s jaw tightened along with the rest of his features. I turned to look behind me to see Justin standing there glaring towards my dad. I knew this wasn’t going to end well.

“Please, Justin don’t-“

“At least I’ve been there for her, unlike her shitty ass dad who missed out on her whole life.” Justin said as he took a step forward.

“Oh and what? You’ve known her for a full week? You’re pathetic.” My dad quickly replied.

Both of their voices started getting louder and louder with each word. I was starting to feel scared for both of their safety and I wish those officers hadn’t left no matter how much I hated them.

“You know nothing about her or us.” Justin’s grinded his teeth together.

“Us? There is no us, and when I’m done, there’ll be no you.”

My automatic reaction took over and I lunged at Justin, pushing him back and trying my best to hold him. He was much stronger than me so I can’t say I really helped, but I held him back long enough for more people to help. He struggled in Fredo’s grip and I already started crying; like I said before, this was not going to end well.

“Let the little pussy fight.” My dad urged.

I walked over to my dad and stood just feet apart. “You need to stop!” I yelled in his face.

He barely seemed to notice me, his eyes were locked with Justin’s. I looked from Justin to my dad and it was so hard to see this happening with me in the middle of it. I just wanted this all to end, and I knew that it was going to soon.

“Fine, I’ll stop.” My dad said, letting a very tiny wave of relief overcome my body. He looked down and unclenched his fists. I was glad to see this dying down somewhat. Justin was let go of his hold but he still looked like he was going to pounce on my dad any second. I stared into Justin’s eyes and mouthed one word which made Justin stop. He immediately stopped and calmed himself down. I knew that he had a bad anger problem, so this wasn’t going to go well.

“Well, now you’re left with one choice.” My dad said, “Him, or me?”

My hands were shaking and my heart was beating. I couldn’t just chose my boyfriend over my dad, but I couldn’t live a life with my dad without Justin by my side. I closed my eyes tightly and sucked in my tears, leaving suspense in my answer that everyone was waiting for.

I turned to my dad and dropped my hands to my sides, “Do you really love me? As a daughter?”

He let out a little laugh before shaking his head, “I love you more than anything in the world (YN), why would you ask me-“

“Because, dad, you called me a fuckup, a disappointment, a disgrace to our name. Now why was that? Did you do that out of love to?”

My dad was left without words. I knew that he had no way to answer, because all of those things he said about me were true. He really thought that I was the worst thing that had ever happened in his life, and I couldn’t change that.

“I-I hate you!” I yelled towards him.

It seemed to be a reality check by the way he stumbled back like he’d been hit. I ran out of the room, brushing past Justin and the whole group of people. I need to leave, I couldn’t stand to see him anymore. I sat on the couch curled up into a ball, listening to their conversation.

“I think it’s time you leave, Mr. (YLN).” Ari said.

There were a few moments of silence before I heard my dad yell to me. I couldn’t quite understand, but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to either. The door slammed and I felt like I heard everyone let out their first breath. I was so focused on what happened, I didn’t even realize what was happening at the moment. Justin held me in his arms tightly and tried to calm me down. I wasn’t sure why I was so upset, I’d never cared for my dad anyways. I guess it was just the fact that I wanted a dad for a while.

I calmed down after soaking all of my sorrowful tears into Justin’s shirt. He didn’t seem to care at all, or even notice. I sat up on my own and everyone shot their eyes over to me. I smiled as best I could and tried to act like things were going to be okay.

“Guys,” my voice cracked one last time, “I’ll be fine. I have all of you, some family, my friends back in my hometown-“

“You still have your mom to.” Fredo added.

That’s right, nobody knew. I looked down and then over to Ari. Ari was the only other person in this room that knew exactly what had happened and what I was thinking.

“Let’s go out to eat guys, get settled and get our minds off of things.” Ari interrupted with a smile on her face.

Justin turned to me and I looked him in the eyes for the first time since the fight earlier. He was trying to unfold the secret that he knew me and Ari were keeping, but he couldn’t put the pieces together. I quickly looked away to avoid him asking any further questions and stood up and smiled again.

“I agree, let’s eat, I’m starving!”

Everyone started smiling again and agreed with going out to eat. At least it would prevent further conversation of this whole mess until later in my life when I’d have to deal with it. I had an odd feeling that it was going to come soon, too soon.

1 comment:

  1. update A.S.A.P ❤️❤️❤️ xxxx

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.