13 Oct 2013

Beneath Your Beautiful: 1: The Beginning

Hiiiiiiii guyyyssss! This is my new story and here is the first chapter! I might make a trailer for this story and post it before I post chapter two! ARE YOU EXCITED?! YOU SHOULD BE BECAUSE I AM!
If I get 6 different comments on this, I'll be sure to post again right away okay?! OKAY?!
Here's my new story, let me know what you think please(: <3

Chapter 1:

Thursday, April 5th, 2012

 

I looked down at the ground from two stories up. The tears stung my eyes as they forcefully fell from my eyes. It wasn’t that far of a jump, I thought,I wouldn’t break that many bones if any. I held my breath and pushed off from the railing, free falling. My feet hit the ground first, sending the pain up, then my side came crashing down. I felt jolts of aches and pains everywhere now, starting on my left side and travelling to the other. I rolled over and sat up slowly. Well, nothing was broken, so that’s a plus. I stood up, brushed my clothes off, and stared up at my balcony. I made it out, but now where do I go? I started running.

I was only wearing a tank and some shorts, so the cooler night wind felt amazing through my shaggy hair and on my soft skin. I ran across my yard and up towards the gate, my hands shaking as I fumbled around with the lock. Finally, it cracked open and the gate opened along with it. I slipped through, shutting it behind me. I snuck through the garden in our front yard and down our driveway. I looked left and right at the end of the driveway, but I had no idea of where to go next. This was such a foreign place to me, so new. The tiny pebbles pierced my bare feet but I quickly jogged along the road, searching for a quiet, secluded place to sit and get away from that house.

I tried to stay in the darkness and away from any source of light, which luckily I was pretty good at. I dodged every cars headlights, well, the ones that were out this late. Now to cross the street, I thought, but how without getting seen. If I was seen by one person, the whole neighborhood would find out by morning and I’d be in deep shit. I took the chance anyway. I quickly and swiftly paced across the wide street. I was just about 5 feet away from the curb before a car slammed on its brakes just inches away from me.

My hands shot up and I covered my mouth in disbelief. My adrenaline was up and my heart was beating fast. I was caught. And this was NOT good. I looked left and right, thinking of where to run next. Do I go back to my house or do I run away from my house?

“Hey!”

My eyes shot to the driver’s seat of the car but I couldn’t see who it was from the dim lighting. My breathing was fast and my chest was rising up and down quickly. Who was this? I bit my lip and stopped. Don’t run. Don’t move. Maybe he’ll go away. My thoughts were jumbled and that’s when I realized that I was being irrational. He wasn’t going to leave, of course not. Just my luck.

“Are you okay?” he said as he opened his door.

Before he could step out of his car, I held up my hand and whisper yelled, “Stop!”

He stopped at my command and I could see just a bit of his face and his feet placed on the ground. He was wearing a large pair of sneakers, but I guess that didn’t help on identifying him.

“Please, do you need help?” he said as he sat in his seat.

“No, no.” I breathed heavily.

“Can I drive you home?” he asked.

I thought about it. I didn’t want to go home. That’s the one place I was trying to avoid, is ‘home’. I combed my fingers through my hair in nervousness. This was not my week.

“I don’t want to go home.” I said as a shiver was sent down my spine.

It was starting to get colder with each minute and I couldn’t believe that the temperature was dropping. I waited for a reply from this strange man, but it took a minute or two.

“Come with me then, at least. It’s getting cold, you’ll freeze out here.” He said.

“Look, thanks for the offer, but I can’t just get in the car with a stranger-“

“I’m not exactly a stranger…”

“Okay, now you’re being creepy.”

I heard his low laugh and I couldn’t help but smile myself. His headlights were still shining brightly on me and it was blinding. I couldn’t see what kind of car he had but it looked small and shiny.

“Suit yourself, but don’t say I didn’t offer.”

He shut his door and slowly backed up and then pressed the gas pedal forward and around me. I was expecting him to keep driving to wherever he was going, but he stopped right next to me. At least I wasn’t in front of a blinding light anymore.

“Look, I’m not creepy, trust me. If I was, I definitely wouldn’t be living in this gated community.”

He had a point. It was a gated community and only celebrities and very wealthy people lived here. I coughed a bit because I could feel a cold coming on. Not now, this was not the appropriate time. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and thought about it.

“Fine, but where are we going?” I asked.

“My house, now get in before you freeze.” He laughed.

I sucked up my fear and hid it deep in my mind. I opened the door and got in, still not being able to see his face. He kinda hid too, but I had no idea why. The seats were placed really low and the dash seemed so fancy. This car was expensive, I could tell. It smelt of cologne and- and- that new smell. I tried to see his face every time we passed a street light but his hood disguised him. I watched aimlessly out of the windshield and saw my house. Oh great, what was going on now?

“Wait, you’re taking me home?” I asked as I saw him slow down.

“What?” He laughed. “I don’t know where you live, I’m going to my house.”

We took a left and turned into a driveway. This house was right across the street from mine, what a coincidence. The car parked in a garage and although the light shone through the windows, it was hard to make out who he was because of the tinted windows. He opened his door and stepped out, so I followed along and did the same. He walked around the car and opened the door and I followed behind like a lost puppy. He looked familiar from the back, but he was still unrecognizable. God dammit.

I stopped in the doorway and looked around. His house was just as big as mine which was no surprise, but it had this eerie feeling of emptiness. He slipped off his shoes and walked into a different room. I shook out of my little trance and quickly followed after him.

“Your house is so empty-“

My words extended longer than they should have when my eyes fell upon his reflection. Perfect jawline. Messy hair. Caramel brown eyes. Justin Bieber.

“Yeah, I just moved in less than a week ago and I haven’t bought any furniture or any of that stuff. Just a bed and all of my necessities to sleep here.”

I don’t think he realized that I just realized that he was Justin Bieber. Out of the 7 billion people in the world, it was Justin Bieber. I mouthed ‘Oh my God’ and he shook his head and laughed.

“You must not be a huge fan.” He said as he sipped from his glass.

“What?” I said without thinking.

He strode into the other room and grabbed a blanket. I watched his every move out of the corner of my eye, not sure what to do.

“Here.”

He wrapped his arms around me as he draped the blanket over my shoulders. I felt warmness and it honestly felt good. But I was still wrapping my head around the fact that this was Justin Bieber.

“I meant that because most of my fans know my voice, you didn’t. And now you’re still wrapping your head around the fact that I’m Justin Bieber, right?”

It was like he right my mind. He laughed and shook his head as he set his glass in the sink and leaned against the counter. My jaw was dropped at how amazed I was with him.

“I like your music, and I occasionally follow you in the news. But I didn’t know we were neighbors.”

“Me either, when’d you move in?”

“Last week, it’s a long story.”

“I’ve got time. Tell me a little about yourself. How’d you wind up in the middle of the street at midnight?” he laughed.

He motioned for me to come and we walked into a different room and sat down on couches. He seemed actually interested in what I was going to say. What was more surprising, was that he was so calm. I don’t know why.

“Let’s start with my dad.” I said.

“You’ll love it here soon enough, I promise.”

I started out of the window with glistened eyes. I liked it here already and it’d only been a week, but I hadn’t showed it so he didn’t know. New school. New friends, if I made any. Same house. Same step-mom. This might not be the best last 2 months of my senior year, but I’d try to make it that wayI decided to stay with my dad (even though I was forced) because my mom had practically abandoned me to go move to Europe or some shit. I didn’t care anymore, honestly. I usually only came here in the summer to visit for a month or two, and everything was fine. But when my dad went this far to keep me away from the people in my hometown, I was pretty upset with him.

We got home from our little outing to go shopping and it was already late. We had a late dinner and of course, things were the same as they’d been every other night. My dad tried to catch up on the school year that he’d missed and my step-mom was trying to get me to like her as usual. No, and no. My step-mom was probably the nicest lady I’d met here so far, but I was not in the mood. I was pissed with my dad and that’s probably why.

When dinner was over, I went straight to my room to unpack some more and redecorate as I did every summer I came down here. This house was huge so my room was unimaginably huge too. I set up my new dresser finally and that’s about all I got done before my dad walked in and interrupted me. I turned off my music and stood up to greet him.

“Honey, I just came to say goodnight.” He whispered.

He knew that I was not happy being here and that’s why he was acting like this. I was holding back a smart response but I couldn’t anymore. My dad had gone too far with taking my life away and I finally built up enough courage to tell him. I bursted. I’d been waiting to say this since I got here.

“Why did you have to ruin my life?!” I said.

He seemed shocked by my response and he looked away. I felt bad that I said it, but I knew that I needed to eventually. He needed to understand that I wasn’t happy with what he’d done.

“I couldn’t let you live there anymore (YN). Those people you hung out with were bad influences and the boys over there-“

“Those boys did nothing to me! Why are you being so overprotective?”

“Because I love you and I want to protect you-”

“Goodnight, dad.” I interrupted him.

He left the room unannounced and shut the door quietly behind him. My step-dad was a better dad to me than he’d ever been. I guess maybe my step-dad wasn’t, but my real dad was just so overprotective. I loved it, and I hated it. It was ruining my life.

I felt tears coming to my eyes just thinking about it. I missed him so much after all of this time not seeing him for more than 2 months a year, I’d longed for my real dad’s touch, his attention, 24/7. I wanted to be daddy’s girl, but it was so hard when he was never there, always 1000 miles away.

Tears streamed down my face and I knew that I had to get out of here. He would never allow me leaving through the front door, because he didn’t want me out by myself this late, so I had to find another way. He was a very loving and caring dad and only wanted the best for me, but sometimes he took it too far. I loved and cared for him back, but I just needed him to know that when I was alone and needed him, he wasn’t there. And eventually he’d realize that. But back to escaping, there was always another way. The balcony.

8 comments:

  1. AMAZING! I loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMB!!!!!!!
    I LOVEED IT!!!!!!!
    keep on posting!!! plz!!!!
    thanks!!!
    love yea

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMB please post more!!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing I love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg please make this story really long I love it!<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can we have the next chapter really soon please! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Post TODAY AGAIN! ITS AMAZING! LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ekkkkk I'm so excited for chapter 2 😍

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.