11 May 2014

Say something i'm giving up on you

Say something I’m giving up on you

The car door slammed and I covered my face with my hands. Outside the car the rain was pouring down. It sounded like a flood was crashing down on my windshield. With a sight I clicked off my seatbelt. Looking out I could see our little house looking so lonely in the rain, so sad. Quickly I pushed the door open. I shivered as the cold rain hit me soaking me in a second.  Covering m hair with my arms, I ran to the front door. Stepping in I felt the silence close around me like a cage. Slowly I removed my dripping jacket and shoes. I threw it at the nearest chair not knowing if I would need it again in a bit. Holding my breath I listened for his presence in the house. I knew he was trying to be quiet but he couldn’t hide the shuffling of his feet upstairs in the bedroom. Approaching the stairs my mind raced through the past few days. The other night when we out, he had been very much interested in other girls and very little interested in me. As I confronted him he had exploded with anger. He didn’t wait for us to be alone to yell at me and curse me out, he humiliated me in front of all our friends. I ended up going home by myself that night. Three days passes and he still had not spoken a word to me. I was tired of the cold wall between us. It was not the first time a little thing had blown up to something huge.

Nearing our bedroom I felt the last drops of energy left my body.  I was tired of fighting. I was tired of him not trying. Maybe this was coming to an end?
   Leaning against the doorframe I watched him resting his forehead on the cold window. The rain was still pouring down outside.
-Hey
My voice was soft and barely above a whisper. He moved his head a little. He heard me.
-Say something.. I’m giving up on you. On us.
The last words were barely audible as my voice cracked. A single tear strode down my cheek and he turned around to face me. His face was sculptured in pain.
-I love you. But I can’t do this anymore
The deep voice echoed through the room.
-I’m sorry
His words shattered my heart. I turned on the ball of my feet hiding the tears now streaming freely down my face.
   Downstairs I grabbed my still wet jacket and shoes. I could still hear the rain thumping down outside. I took one glance over my shoulder, he was not coming down the stairs, so I opened the door and walked out in the cold.  I rushed to the car and closed the rain out. Once I entered. As I turned on the engine the tears on my face raced with the raindrops on the window.

   I sped off down the road not worrying to look back. Where I was going? I didn’t know. All I knew was that he had given up on me, even when he promised he never would. 

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing. I think you are a good writer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its's perfect ! can't wait to read more. when will u post more ? <3333

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.